Tuesday, December 4, 2012

i guess i'm blogging about spinning now

And weaving, too, when the moment strikes.

Right now I'm primarily spinning on a suspended spindle using American wool. I like to tell myself that I'm spinning for weaving, but I have no idea if I'll ever get to that point. At any rate, I'm spinning fairly firm yarns at about a 40 wraps-per-inch grist, which comes out to be lace weight, apparently.

I tried making my own spindles today, but they're too light. I can't get the right momentum. I guess I'm fine with my Ashford spindle for now, but I would like some more variety.

However, I was happily reunited with wool today. I just wish I could spin it faster! So I suppose at some point I'll be blogging about my attempt to build an e-spinner. I have all the components sorted out, basically, I just need to get it together. And whenever I think I have something figured out, something else comes up right after it. I am truly hopeless when it comes to electronics.

That's all. For this post. I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment